Towards a more fair society
Founded in 1840, a period marked by the absence of state guaranteed social security, Associação Mutualista Montepio introduced Portugal to a pioneering type of support: the payment of survivors’ pensions.
Today the Association is a reference in the social sector of the economy, with more than 630 thousand members, and remains faithful to the principles that made it the largest association of Portugal and one of the biggest in Europe.
Mutualism as a way of life
Our values are our essence. They reflect who we are and what we believe.
- Becoming a member of Associação Mutualista Montepio is an act of free will.
- Associação Mutualista Montepio is committed to an active corporate social responsibility strategy and defends a sustainable future.
- Health and social protection needs are met by the solidarity of all our members.
- All members play an active role in the association through voting and are equal in rights and duties.
- Associação Mutualista Montepio – Portugal’s largest association – is a manifestation of citizens’ initiative and organization.
Associação Mutualista Montepio is the head of The Montepio Group, a large social economy group. The following companies are also part of the Group.
Insurance Activity and Pension Funds
Montepio Gestão de Ativos
Montepio Gestão de Ativos Imobiliários
Savings and protection
Our savings and protection solutions are designed for all stages of life. From birth to retirement, each solution allows you to plan your goals comfortably and provide the guidance and support needed to achieve them. Just what you need to build your future.
Benefits that make a difference
Take advantage of multiple benefits and discounts across a wide range of partners and in the Montepio Group universe.
Enjoy discounts with more than 1000 partners in areas such as health, leisure, tourism, education, among others.
Get access to some of the best events and cultural experiences in Portugal and enjoy exclusive discounts on tickets.